Dented Garage Door Panel: How to fix it?
If you see a dent in your garage door, you should replace or repair it as soon as possible. A garage door with a dent can affect the security of your house or even impact the curb appeal of your house. So, it is crucial that you should ask for a quick garage door panel repair. Now, you may wonder how to fix your dented garage door panel properly.
Fortunately, there are a few right methods to repair or remove garage door dents with ease. So, let us discuss some of those common ways below. However, if you do not wish to do it yourself, you can even ask for an expert garage door repair company to help you out.
Can garage door dents be repaired?
If you have a dented garage door, first of all, you need to examine the extent of the damage to find out whether a small or DIY repair can solve the problem. Remember to check whether your garage door can operate or open and close in the right way or not. Do not forget to exercise caution before trying to open the garage door because that part usually has a high level of tension.If you cannot close or open your garage door properly, you should ask for professional maintenance.
It is a tough task to remove dents from wooden garage doors than to remove dents from aluminum or steel garage doors.
Common ways your garage doors can be dented
Garage door manufacturers create many garage doors of standard garage doors with steel and aluminum because these doors are highly durable and need low maintenance. However, the drawback of these types of garage doors is that they can get dents quite easily.There are many things that can dent your garage doors, from different weather conditions to various types of accidents.
Over time, the impacts of heavy rain, high winds, and snow may cause your garage door to be weak and buckle. This procedure can happen much faster if you do not opt for regular annual maintenance of your garage door.
It is very easy to get into an unwanted situation or accident when your garage door cannot open properly or you can’t see it in the blind spot of your vehicle.Leaving anything in the path or track of your garage door can even result in significant damage. Even a small baseball or stray Frisbee can be the reason for your garage door dent.
Ways to fix a garage door panel that is a panel
There are various trusted ways to fix a small or minor garage door dent. You need to use your best judgment to plan if you can be able to repair your garage door or should choose to hire a professional garage door repair company. Now, let us discuss a few easy ways to repair a dented garage door panel.
- Heating the garage door panel
A very common way to repair your garage door panel is heating. The method is,
- Preparation: First of all, you need to wash and dry the panel; after that, stretch an aluminum foil over the dent.
- Heat: After that, use a lighter for almost one minute to heat the surface of that aluminum foil, and then, take the foil away quickly.
- Spray: Now, you need to spray the dent with compressed air for almost half a minute to one minute if necessary. Carbon monoxide will pop your panel back into place.
- Repairing the dent with a hammer
Another easy method to repair your garage door dent is to use a hammer. For this procedure, you should follow a few steps:
- Wash: Firstly, you need to clean the dented part of your garage door with soap and water.
- Gather supplies: After that, use a wood block and mallet to perform this repairing task in the right way.
- Hammer: Next, hold that wood block against your garage door dent and tap the part until it comes to the same level as the surrounding garage door panels.
However, if you do not want to perform this troublesome task yourself, you can contact Vegas Garage Door Repair, one of the most trusted companies that offer excellent garage door service in Las Vegas.
Therefore, if you are thinking about how to repair your dented garage door, you can try out the ways mentioned above.